Calm Consulting Pty Limited (Trading as: CALM The Voice of Education in Suicide), is committed to protecting your privacy and complying with the Privacy Act 1998 (Cth) (Privacy Act) and other relevant State legislation in relation to the management of your personal information.
What is personal information?
Personal information as described in the Privacy Act is “information or an opinion (including information or an opinion forming part of a data base), whether true or not, and whether recorded in a material form or not, about an individual whose identity is apparent, or can reasonably be ascertained, from the information or opinion”.
In essence, this means any information or an opinion that could be easily used to identify you.
How is your personal information collected by Calm Consulting Pty Limited?
Calm Consulting Pty Limited may collect your personal information from a variety of means.
These may include: –
– Any information obtained when you have dealt with us directly over the telephone;
– Any information obtained through direct or person to person contact between you and any person in our organisation;
– By way of any interaction with us online, either through our website, mobile apps such as Be Calm and Be Safe, through social media including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram and LinkedIn. Please note that these social media platforms may also handle your personal information for their own purposes and have their own privacy policies which are separate to those of Calm Consulting Pty Limited;
– Any information received in the course of applying for a position either as an employee or trainer/contractor with Calm Consulting Pty Limited.
We also use Google analytics to analyse and transmit out website traffic data to Google servers. Whilst we use Google reports provided by google analytics to assist us in understanding our website traffic and usage, Google analytics does not identify the individual users or associate your IP address with any other data held by Google.
Calm Consulting Pty Limited, where applicable, uses marketing automation tools to send emails describing a number of different services. All information used for service tracking is used by Calm Consulting Pty Limited to improve services being provided by us.
What personal information do we collect and how do we use it?
All of the personal information that we collect is information that you have provided to us. Personal information may include your name, address, date of birth, age, telephone number, workplace information, email and contact details and, in some instances, previous professional qualifications. In particular instances such as if you were applying for a position as an employee, trainer or contractor, we may require additional health information and/or information sufficient to be provided with a Blue Card.
How is your personal information used?
Any personal information that you provide us may be used for the following: –
– To facilitate you obtaining access to any mobile applications and/or websites;
– To provide you with any information, quotation, resources, merchandise or material that you may have requested;
– To facilitate your involvement in any programs, workshops or training undertaken by Calm Consulting Pty Limited;
– For any marketing and research purposes of Calm Consulting Pty Limited;
– For any internal administrative purposes including updating our records with your contact details;
– To forward any marketing information;
– To review, process or respond to any correspondence or complaints received from you.
When using any of our interactive mobile applications or website forums we advise you to not post any information that may directly identify you or any other person including your name, address, email address or telephone number. Calm Consulting Pty Limited has no control over such personal information being recovered and being displayed by internet search engines.
Calm Consulting Pty Limited may transfer any and all of your data to servers within Australia for processing and storage. Wherever possible, Calm Consulting Pty Limited will not use your personal information without your prior consent other than for the purposes already described above.
Calm Consulting Pty Limited will take all reasonable steps to protect and secure all of the personal information that may be collected during the course of any dealing with you from misuse, interference, loss, unauthorised access, alteration or exposure.
We use password protected computers and internet firewalls to protect your data.
We advise however that any and all data transmission over the internet or stored on servers that may be accessible through the internet cannot be guaranteed to be fully secure irrespective of security measures taken by Calm Consulting Pty Limited.
Third party disclosure of personal information
From time to time Calm Consulting Pty Limited may provide personal information to third parties where any service or personal information may be reasonably required. Such examples of third parties may be: –
– Service providers or our website hosts;
– Service providers or our App hosts;
– Any marketing service providers engaged by Calm Consulting Pty Limited;
– Any professional advisers used by Calm Consulting in the normal course of business including but not limited to accountants, auditors, trainers and lawyers;
– In particular instances where you have consented to the disclosure;
– Where disclosure is required or authorised under Australian law or where necessary to prevent harm or injury to you or another.
If you have a complaint about any matters relating to the collection of your personal information, please email us directly at email@example.com or contact the Director of Calm Consulting Pty Limited at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please ensure that you provide as much information and as comprehensive a detail about your complaint as you can so that we are in a position to respond to you and deal with your complaint to resolve it quickly. It is part of our policy that all complaints must be received in writing and must be responded to in writing within 30 days from the date of receipt.
Any references to Calm Consulting Pty Ltd, “We”, “Us”, “Our” or “the Organisation” are references to Calm Consulting Pty Ltd CAN; 623 534 716 ABN: 40 623 534 716.